Voces Updates - April 3rd, 2021
This round of updates focused largely on some quality of life (QoL) improvements.
Toolbar Labels & Customization
- The toolbar icons will now be labeled by default. You are able to change these labels, as well as turn off icons that you and your students do not need, from the account settings.
- The toolbar was feeling a little crowded, so a few options are now grouped together. Search and Print were both moved into Additional Tools. The Answer Key has a new icon and was moved into Teacher's Panel.
- This is disabled by default. To turn it on, check the box in the toolbar options (in account settings). When this is enabled students will see a dashboard when they log in showing them past due, upcoming, and recently created assignments. They can also access the dashboard from the 'Additional Tools' menu.
Improved Point Controls
- By overwhelming demand, there is now a point modifier that can be applied to an entire submission without having to change individual questions. It is ideal for extra credit or taking off points for late work.
- Found in the Account Setting, this option won't be necesary for everybody, and the defaults are the ideal settings. If your school blocks Vimeo and/or has bandwidth issues, you can change these settings to reduce the load videos put on your school's network.
Overeager Student Restrictions
- Another Account Settings addition, this will let you prevent students from submitting any pages that are not assigned. Finally a way to prevent your Requires Grading list from being filled up by students who feel the need to submit every page in the chapter.
Editor Audio Fix
- Many of the audio files were not able to be removed from the editor. This has been adjusted so replacing the audio for stories should be easier.
Usage Log Adjustment
- On some browsers, a page was not saved to the student's usage log when they pressed the Log Out button. These now store correctly.
- A recent security audit showed a few potential issues and have now been fixed.
Sorting Activity Grade Fix
- In some cases, the new sorting activity was not showing the correct answers while grading the activty. This is no longer the case and should be easier to grade going forward.
- A teacher creating her own can-do statements found out that more than about six on a page caused the save button to disappear. The list will now scroll allowing for more can-dos on a page.
Assignment LMS Info
- To help identify which assignment in the LMS is linked to Voces, there is now an ID number that appears when hovering over a class that has the assignment linked to the LMS. Please contact us if you have questions about how to use this.
These should be the last major updates before summer. If you have any questions on these updates, or suggestions for future updates, please email [email protected]